Our mission at Appalachian Abattoir is to provide the highest quality products with the highest level of service while pursuing efficiency, sustainability, and providing educational opportunities for staff, producers and students throughout the region.
Buzz Food Service has expanded its current business offerings to provide access to local beef, pork and lamb. When it comes to Appalachian Abattoir’s business pillars, we have three goals in mind:
Appalachian Abattoir partnered with livestock husbandry expert, Temple Grandin, to create a top-of-the-line facility. Appalachian Abattoir has curved cattle corrals, galvanized gates and access to fresh food and water for animals.
Worker Safety is a top priority for Appalachian Abattoir and we provide our workers with modern and safe hydraulic equipment to ensure the quality of product and the safety of workers.
Appalachian Abattoir is a full-service USDA inspected harvest facility. Key features include:
- USDA inspected plant
- USDA grading services
- Harvest, cut/wrap processing services
- High-quality cuts and direct purchase from producers
- Source verification for local products.
- Quality packaging and labeling
- Value-added product capabilities
- Scalder and smokehouse on-site
- Multi-species: beef, pork, lamb, goat *No bison, rabbits, deer or poultry
- Animal welfare/humane handling
Visit the pricelist page for pricing, cut sheets and more information.
Want to be in-the-know? Join our newsletter!
We send out a monthly project update email along with any major updates, price changes, scheduling information, or upcoming events. Appalachian Abattoir will not share your contact information with any outside parties.